Though we both slept pretty well, Claire's back was giving her gip. I was aching from head to toe when we woke at 8am and hobbled out of bed to greet Claire who was already up and hobbling herself, we groaned at each other! This is not a holiday for the feint of heart!
We had the pool tables booked for 9am, so skipping any breakfast, we showered and headed into the village. Once again, the weather was not as expected, it was clear and crisp and though the skies were a little grey, none of the forecast rain was falling.
10 minutes into the pool, I of course was hungry and grabbed a sausage bap, whilst Claire couldnt face anything - my breakfast snack tasted even better as I won our pool contest 6-3! :)
With nothing else planned, we had a wander around the shops and I treated Claire to some new swimming gear - so thought best to hit the pool again. It was a good tonic to the aching bodies again and we had a good hour or so splashing around in the rapids and I commandeered the rubber ring for when the big wave machine fired up.
It was time for lunch and we'd promised ourselves pancakes all week, so headed to Pancake House in the village. I had a large chocolate pancake with flakes and ice-cream and Claire had a more traditional pancake with sugar, lemon and maple syrup - they were yummy!!!
After a go on the arcade machines, we had a wander and watched some nutters going down the high zip-wire slide - which must start about 60ft in the air and sends you hurtling to the bottom about 3000 miles an hour... Claire wanted a go of course and I'm sure if her back was any good, she would have!
We wearily made our way back home after having another really fun day and thoughts now turn to packing up for the final day... I treated myself to a quick snooze and Claire went out to take some more photos and bother more squirrels!
Its still only half 6 though, so we are deciding what to do this evening, though staying in with sausage and (cheesy) chips is top place at the moment!
Thursday, 14 May 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment