Wednesday, 13 May 2009

Day 3

Hi'all - third day update as we have come home for a breather!

Weather has been kind again and only around 5pm has it started to lightly rain - we are really pleased to have got away with what was looking like a wash-out.

Anyways, onto today - we were both feeling it a bit this morning, so didnt rush around too much. After a light(er) breakfast, we headed into the village for a bit as we were going swimming and also wanted to book up a couple of other activities.

First off though, I sat in the sports bar with a beer and some tasty nuts, whilst Claire had a wander around the shops - I think she was glad that this place provides a 'creche' :)

Upon meeting up a little while later we had a drink and played some pool whilst reflecting on the activities we had managed to book in - Laser Clay Pigeon shooting, Badminton and some US Pool for Thursday morning.

Another diplomatic draw in the pool match saw us head to the real pool - the swimming pool. We brought a rubber ring and mucked around on the slides some more until it was time for the wave machine - which Claire enjoyed bobbing around in the inflatable. Before we left, we went out into the outdoor salt pool, which was REALLY hot! Lovely and it was such a nice day, it didnt feel cold at all and it was nice to lay back in the sun and relax in the warm salty water.

After going in the 'tumble drier' (a stand-up hairdrier that dries your whole body), Claire left me to pack up and meet her outside the pool.... 10 minutes later I was still wandering around the changing rooms! I was in a panic as I couldnt find the exit - it was like a bad dream! I even had to ask directions - when I finally escaped, Claire just 'tutted' at me and shook her head. I was right scared...

After that, we looked at a clock and realised time had flown and we were due at the Clay Pigeon shoot.... crikey! A quick frantic bike ride later and we just about made it in time.

This was a great activity, basically clay pigeon shooting using heavy rifles that fire lasers at the little clay things. There were about 10 of us doing it and after a short tutorial, we were put in place for the competition. The first match was all about high scores and ... yes, yes, I WON!! Of course... in fact, I thrashed the nearest competition by about 40 points - I was dead chuffed (and a bit embarrassed). See Mum, all those hours playing computer games paying off...

2nd Round was a bit different... but, yes, yes... I WON!!! I know... I'm bloody good...

Last match was a knock out between the 10 of us - whoever missed had to sit out until there were no-one left as we all shot at the same time.

And yes, yes... CLAIRE WON!!!! I dont know what happened, or how to explain it... the 3 year old blind kid she beat in the final did have to get back in her wheelchair first...

No seriously, she was brilliant - there were 3 of us left - me, Claire and another lad who had been close to my scores and was my nemesis, but in the semi-final I was knocked out and Claire pulled off a great shot in the final to win. So we beat all the competition!

For a reward, we went to the Country Club for lunch and again both eat far too much! Again, prices reasonable and everyone friendly - food fantastic.

We decided to head back for a rest - but upon passing the golf course, Claire decided I should have a go. I went to the kiosk as I hadnt booked and originally the guy behind the counter said I couldnt play, but then the instructor from the Clay Pigeon shoot came in and say me and said "No, let him play, he's my 'Laser Winner'"! So I got to go on straight away and didnt have to pay! (Should be £8.50).

Golf was really good - Claire was my caddy (bless her) and after a while, I was hitting some great shots. We finished golf just as it started spitting, so headed back to the lodge where we are now preparing to head back into town for Badminton (6:30) and then perhaps another swim - but we are also listening to the rain beating down through the trees outside, so we may be swimming there anyways!!

Glad you are all reading this now and we can keep you up-to-date. Might do more later today, if not tomorrow.

Pic below of me golfing :)

No comments:

Post a Comment